Brooms and small vacuums are inefficient and can stir up dust clouding the air which is not healthy for staff, riders and the animals.
Additionally, nails from horse shoes and other metal objects can be dangerous.
At Elgee, we understand your needs and can offer the appropriate Cleaning Solution using our Elgee Power Vacuum driven by a powerful 1.5 HP Baldor Electric Motor or the 1HP Battery Motor.
A Clean Environment is Essential to Prevent Injury and to Ensure Healthy Surroundings. Maintaining your facilities for your boarders and patrons is very important for your business. So the equipment you use must meet your cleaning needs and must be dependable, durable and cost efficient.
Whether the barn or stable is at a small private facility or at a race track, straw, dried caked debris and litter needs to be regularly addressed but it can be time consuming.
- Pick up sawdust, straw, grains, manure chips, metals, glass, etc.
- Attach the Magnetic Bar Assembly for further collection of metal filings, nails, etc.
- Using the Brush Assembly, loosen up dried, caked debris for easier pick up.
- With a simple activation, increase the suction when using the Instant Action Hose with the Auto Baffle.
- Instant Action Hose reaches into corners, tight areas, hard to reach areas without stopping the unit or switching out parts. Simply pull the hose wand out of the on-board holster and place the hose nozzle where needed.
- Ideal on Various Floor Surfaces: Concrete, Wood, Rubber Mat, Pavers
- Walk Behind unit, 54″ long; easy to operate and maneuver – in stalls, corridors, storage rooms, tack rooms, etc.
- 30” & 40″ Wide Models enabling wide sweep coverage.
- Need narrow sweep width, the 23″ Wide model is a customized sweep width and available for Electric Models.
- Durable metal housing, frame and impeller can take a beating with most debris and litter encountered.
- Impeller design prevents binding of impeller shaft by string, plastic wrap, and alike
Elgee Stable Vacuum is Quiet so as
Not Frightening to the Animals
Aisles and Tack Rooms
Stable Vacuum is Maneuverable
Without Sacrificing Power
Using a broom takes time, is dusty, and labor intensive and having to drag along a wheeled disposal container.
Brushing the litter onto the loading dock or out onto the ground solves your immediate need but not very efficient. All of which adds to manual steps, overhead and time.
The Elgee Power-Vac:
- is 10 times faster than using a manual broom .
- reduces the manual effort thus saving time and money .
- provides wide surface cleaning, and with the attached hose, get into tight areas and corners.
- provides one cleaning unit for stalls, tack rooms, aisles or alleyways, etc.
- picks up more debris with its large capacity collection bag (11 cu ft) .
- easily empty debris with zipper collection bag.
- controls dust with the screened vent filtered collection bag (not recommended for fine or powdery dirt) .
- requires minimal maintenance
- relatively quiet so as not to spook the horses.
The electric model Power Vacuum was used in the above solution; however, the electrical cord may provide a restriction, thus, a battery powered unit may be preferred. Based on your specific needs and environment, one of the other Power Vac models may serve your needs. Visit our Power Vac Model Selection page or visit the Power Vacuum Description page.
You may have unique or non-standard cleaning requirements. Customized equipment solutions are available.
To learn more, contact us, or check out our Custom Solutions section.
The Elgee electric Power-Vac has been a wonderful tool for our large commercial horse-boarding facility. Our barn aisles have rubber safety mats installed over concrete. During the day these mats collect wet sawdust, manure chunks, and long pieces of hay that are very difficult to sweep up with a broom. Our Power-Vac handles everything beautifully! It is easy to maneuver around the barn, it fits through doorways, and it is significantly quieter and cleaner than a blower. Not only does our sturdy yellow vacuum help use keep our barn looking pristine, we save at least 30 minutes a day in labor as well. Highly recommended for horse barns!
Rebecca Chatfeld, Ph.D.
Owner, Simpatico Stables
Demo Video Clip – Power Vacuum
Short of an actual on-site demo; see the Elgee Stable Vac through several short video clips Courtesy of North Jersey Equestrian Center and Devon Wood Equestrian Centre. The demo videos illustrate the electric and battery powered models.